Sunday, June 3, 2012

Headset cable repair

(Quick Post) The cable on my son's headset got a tug and broke recently. They would be his favourite headset, and the latest fashion, so the 'repair' challenge was taken up! I soldered the tiny wires together, but I needed to devise some kind of junction box for the new joints. Here's what I did...

I drew out the little junction box is SketchUp, incorporating the headset logo. (I've duplicated and flipped it above just to show the logo, but you only need one box, printed twice.).

I printed two copies, in a colour that matched his headphone cable.

I glued and clamped the two halves together, securing the joint between the round and flat cable. I coloured the logo with a pen. (Some day I'll have dual extruders so I can print in two colours! )

That's one less item on the repair shelf! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment